Thursday, September 26, 2013

Birthday book for bird lovers

Since the ol' sewing machine was out (Notice the method to my madness?  If something is lying about--it gets used.) I decided to play around with the idea of making a book of sorts with different stitches on the pages.  Fun!

I wanted  paper that had some built-in texture so chose to use papers from my DCWV The Green Stack.  Check.  I didn't want to change thread so went with a neutral (didn't worry that the bobbin and sewing thread were different colors).  Check.  I knew this would end up being on the thick side so used the PTI 3x5ish tri-fold format cards from my stash so I could fit it in an A2 envelope if necessary.  Check. 

Do I love it?  Check!

The Details:
DCWV The Green Stack, PTI trifold card, Guterman thread, green organza ribbon, Stampendous sentiment

I'm entering this in the latest Cute Card Thursday Challenge--Anything with a Ribbon and Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #100 - Winged Things.  Lots of inspiration to be had at both so check them out.

Currently listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic project. Thank you for sharing it with us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Those little birdies are too cute :) Thanks so much for joining us for our "Winged Things" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!