Thursday, September 24, 2015

Happy Birthday, Tonya!

Tonya's birthday is today and we're celebrating along with her!   Be sure to check out what Amy, Katie, Kimberly, Laura, Vicki, Lisa Lara, and Lenae have created too!

Amy's inspiration pic and some mystery designer paper that I've wanted to recreate/ modernize for ages gave me plenty of inspiration.  I love the peachy tones with the aqua--who knew.  Things to note:
  1. Hero Arts ink tends to "spread." This is a good thing for even coverage but I've found it sometimes removes the white space between petals with the Lacy Scrolls stamps.  I just drew them back in with a white pigment pen--I only had to do that with the top flower of this card.
  2. To create the sentiment banner, I embossed the sentiment in white then use the HA inkpad directly on the cardstock for perfectly matched color.
  3. I originally had a kraft border but decided I didn't like it so fished out the discarded diecut excess and glued it back on.  Dual stitching looks fancy.
The Details:  Altenew Lacy Scrolls, Avery Elle So Happy, PTI kraft cardstock, Recollections white 110lb cardstock, Hammermill 80lb color copy cardstock, Hero Arts Soft Pool and Soft Cantaloupe, Stampendous Detail Fine white embossing powder, Versamark, Doodlebug sequins, Simon Says Stitched Rectangle Die

I'm entering this in Simon Says No Designer Paper 

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color combo and card! Tonya will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've designed......sooooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh this is simply gorgeous! I totally love it! Thank you so much for card and the hop! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms and colors on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! Love that you were inspired by the birthday graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the pic and the paper!!! Love it, and hope to see you on Saturday so we can finally meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni, this is DIVINE, love your re-creation!! Tonya will ADORE this loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, I do like the colours you used for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. Love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!