Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Heart Desires Challenge #3



I cannot believe it is our third The Heart Desires Challenge already!  Where has the time gone?!  This month we're asking for you to use either succulents/plants, metallic colors, or woodgrain in your cards.  How easy and fun is that?

I was really struck by the metallic geometric elements and pink in the photo.  So first step was to spritz my cardstock with Minc Reactive Mist (the spritzer it comes in is rubbish--you have been warned).  Once dry, I ran it through my lamintor with Deco Gold Foil.  Squee!  Next diecutting and stacking, adding washi, standard stuff.  The flamingo was interesting as I wasn't sure what would happen when I stamped it over the foil.  Worked a treat!

I'm entering this in CAS Mix Up (stamping, spray, diecut)


The Details:  Concord and 9th Beautiful Words stamps and Beautiful You die, VersaFine Onyx Black, Paper Studio washi, Copic C08, Hero Arts Layering Flamingo, Deco Foil Gold, Minc Reactive Mist, Zig glue pen, Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Memento Angel Pink and Rose Bud


8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Toni, such a fabulous design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!! LOVE that gorgeous pink flamingo. Great colour combo with pink and metallic gold. The foil is so shiny and pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your flamingo is walking onto the page, Toni! And the metallic splatters are gorgeous! An unexpected and delightful mix! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your flamingo!!!! Really really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your flamingo!!!! Really really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love?! awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the spray for our challenge! Love the way the flamingo is stamped partly off the card. And great way of doing the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!