Friday, February 24, 2017

Cray Cray


Umm, can we say obsessed? I am loving these Hipsters! I based my design, believe it or not, on the latest The Heart Desires Challenge--the chicken, the splashes of color, the random mix of patterns and textures. Who knew, right?!


Now take a look at my previous Hipster card. That one is much more muted and masculine. My chicken is opposite land and way cray cray!! LOL. This time I mixed Recollections shimmer crayons (I had those for so long that I had thrown them in the summer yard sale pile!) with the Distress ones. The Recollections spread very smoothly but had less vivid color. I also learned that I prefer to dampen my finger a bit and pick up color from the crayon then spread it on the paper. Just a different effect.


Thanks again to Doodlebugs for the demo on this set! I have a friend who will be in the area weekend after next with her mom and she's added the shop to their itinerary--have fun, Katie--I'm so jelly! And thanks as well, Katie, for the stencil. It took me months to use it but I finally did!

I'm entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes, Mod Squad Geometric, Shopping Our Stash #291 Mardi Gras

The Details: Tim Holtz Hipster stamps, Distress Crayons, Recollections Watercolor Crayons, Simon Says You Matter background stamp, Ranger Archival ink, Distress Inks, Cutplorations stitched rectangle die, Ranger Glossy Accents,  Studio Calico Circle Graph Mask

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha - oh my gosh I love this! I might *need* that set. :) Love the colors and the texture you've got going on in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Love the look of these and perfect for our geometric challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haahaa just brilliant ! so much fun, thank you for making me smile !
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Hipster stamps!!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Mardi Gras challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cray-cray chicken! I bought my girls the Recollections crayons... hmmm... I will have to ask where they are! Thanks for sharing at SOS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!