Tuesday, May 8, 2018

CDD May Release Day 2


I was am so excited about the new CDD release!  Mermen! I was thinking it would be so cute to make a tropical-themed box card and then it occurred to me to make 2 scenes in one!  On top there's the tropical island with sunset and a cool breeze but underneath is where the real action is taking place.


Things of note include:
  1. I used the rectangle die included in the Box Die set to cut the aperture below.
  2. I cut the tabs in thirds to hold the bottom and top scene elements so that they wouldn't obtrude into the aperture.
  3. The designer paper I used to decorate the outside panels were printed watercolor that I sponged with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers to blend with the blue of the box and then spattered with water.
  4. The card folds completely flat just like the regular box card would. (woo hoo!)
  5. I used brighter colors when coloring the scene beneath so they would pop a bit since the inside of the box would be darker and naturally reflect water-blues which act as shadow.
  6. The sentiment is embossed in white.

The Details:  CDD Merman Lagoon, Mermaid Trolls, Beach Scene and Cloudy Sky Stencils, Outdoor Landscape 1 Dies, Outdoor Landscape 2 Dies, Box Die, Beach Scene dies, Ocean Border Dies, Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade and Black Soot, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Scor-Tape, Copics, Echo Park Jungle Safari 6x6 Paper, mystery 12x12 paper, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!