Saturday, May 5, 2018

Vintage Truck

We've had a really mild winter in terms of precipitation (although we had snow at Thanksgiving!) but this past week took us closer to our usual.  Drab, gray and wet in the lowlands but now enough snow in the mountains to go play (or in my case, lounge about, make a card, and wait for the kids to get back).

So I continued my watercolor experiments.  I tried to be a bit more free-flowing with this one.  This is closer to what I have in my head at least.  I like the tree the best (throw on color, let dry, come back with finer brush for branches) and then the misty background.  I had intended there to be more white space but you drop the brush and next thing you know you've got a snow-covered mountain in the background of your take on a sketch.  LOL.

The Details:  Distress Inks, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, VersaFine Onyx Black, Enamel Accents, Spectrum Noir DR3, Recollections 110 lb cardstock

I'm entering this in Cardz 4 Guys #52 Vintage, 52 Christmas Card Throwdown SketchCAS on Sunday #49 Christmas, Top Tip Tuesday CAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!